Monday, January 31, 2011

Sick. And spread the word about cloth!

Our family was hit pretty hard by a nasty cold. My husband started it, and the Eskimo got a little fever and some sniffles and I was laid out for days. But what's amazing to me is that other than a tiny fever for an afternoon and some sniffles, the Eskimo has been fine while I felt like death warmed over! I'm chalking this one up to breastfeeding. I nursed the heck out of him for a few days there to stuff him full of my antibodies, and it seems to have worked! You always hear about how much healthier breastfed babies are, but now we've seen it in action.

On another note, cloth diapering seems to be spreading like wildfire! I had another friend who is expecting ask me about it yesterday! It makes me so unbelievably happy to know that more and more mamas are thinking about and choosing cloth over 'sposies. Remember, your baby will go through literally thousands of diapers in his lifetime. Think of how many disposables you'll keep from the landfills! Like I said, one person CAN make a difference.

I think just knowing someone who uses cloth is enough to convince people to use it. When we first started, we didn't know anyone and it was really difficult to get our bearings. There are a lot of options out there and it can be really confusing. But now that we're old "pros", I'm finding that a lot of friends ask for advice and help getting started (hence the blog!). So, those of you who cloth diaper, wield your power! Go ahead and be vocal about it! Spread the word about how easy, convenient and fun cloth diapering is! Post about it on Facebook, tell your coworkers, neighbors, friends. You'll be amazed at the response. Okay, you don't have to be as crazy and excited as I am, but you should be proud of yourself for taking what is perceived to be the more difficult and less traveled road. Don't hesitate to boast. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment